2 medium sweet
potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
with its skin, sliced
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons packed
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup dried
cranberries or raisins
|1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly grease or spray with nonstick cooking spray a 1-1/2 quart
2. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, mix together the orange
juice, brown sugar, butter or margarine, cinnamon and dried cranberries
or raisins. Heat and continue to stir until the sugar is dissolved and
the margarine is melted.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the potatoes, apples and orange juice
4. Transfer to a casserole dish.
5. Bake, covered, for one hour or until the potatoes are fork tender.
6. Stir the mixture before serving to coat the sweet potatoes and
apples with the juices accumulated at the bottom.