|2/3 cup chopped pecans
1 tbsp. lemon
2 cups fresh
1/2 tsp. hot
1/2 cup Plugra
Unsalted Butter, softened
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black
pepper, fresh ground
- Toast pecans in dry small saute pan over medium
heat until pecans start to brown. Stir often. Add
garlic and lemon zest, cook until fragrant, using caution to avoid
burning zest or garlic. Remove from pan to cool.
- Transfer cooled mixture to bowl of food
processor. Add basil and hot sauce; process until smooth.
- Add softened Plugra butter, salt and
pepper. Process until well combined.
- Use immediately or transfer to a 10-inch by
10-inch piece of wax paper; rolled tightly to create long tube
shape. Wrap with plastic and refrigerate up to 3 days or
freeze up to 1 month.
- Cut into coin-shaped pieces and use to top
grilled fish, steak or chicken; toss with steamed vegetables or hot
pasta; or spread over warm bread.
Recipe from Plugrá European Style
Butter, sponsor of the Magnifique Recipe Contest .